Alpha Chi Sigma Scholar Award
In July 1913, Alpha Chi Sigma initiated a scholarship recognition program "To emphasize the belief that to encourage scholarship is one way to strive for the advancement of chemistry." The award consists of a $2,500 prize, a gold scholarship key, and an inscribed certificate. There will also be three honorable mention awards of $500 each. The biography of the recipient also is featured in the awards issue of The Hexagon. This award is administered by the Alpha Chi Sigma Educational Foundation.
A nominee for the Alpha Chi Sigma Scholar Award must have been a member of Alpha Chi Sigma Fraternity for one year and be enrolled in an institution of higher learning at the time of nomination. Undergraduate nominees must have completed their junior year at the time of nomination. Graduate nominees may be nominated based upon both their undergraduate and graduate records upon the completion of their first year of graduate study. Graduate students also may be nominated, based upon their graduate records alone, after admission to candidacy for the terminal degree in the field of graduate study.
Any member of Alpha Chi Sigma may submit a nomination. All nominations must include:
- A biographical sketch
- Two letters of recommendation by faculty of the institution at which the student is enrolled
- Transcripts of all academic work (one official transcript and five copies)
- Supporting information that the nominee may wish to supply, such as abstracts of presentations at meetings or reprints or preprints of scientific publications
- A high-resolution photograph
- Address, telephone number and e-mail address of the candidate, including summer address if different.
One electronic copy of the nomination material should be submitted to the Alpha Chi Sigma Scholar Award Committee at email@example.com. If submitting hard copies, please send six copies to 6296 Rucker Road, Suite B, Indianapolis, IN 46220
All nominations must be submitted by March 30th, 2017.
See the list of previous winners.